8.06.2006

"Israel should not have been created in the first place, but it's here now."

I just so happened to stumble upon somebody else who agrees with me in regard to the whole Middle East conflict... thanks, and I hope you don't mind me quoting your brilliance. =)

"Moral equivalency being what it is...

Israel should not have been created in the first place, but it's here now.

The Palestinians deserve their own country.

Israelis should not have to live in fear of violence.


So my opinion =

The Palestinians do not have tanks, airplanes, nukes, or the support of the USA. So it's no surprise they resort to assymetrical warfare.

Are they right to do so? Yes, if they feel that is the only real solution to the problem and the stakes are high enough.

Does it make it right to kill innocent people for politics? No.

But say that to Israel..."


That's all... it's late and I promised somebody I would go to church in the morning. I'm also in the middle of watching "The Godfather: Part II." I wasn't a big fan of the first one, except for Marlon effin Brando... but this one is absolutely amazing. I can't get enough of young Vito. =)

Anyway, I'll start disc two and pray... if there really is a God who wants me at church, perhaps it'll lend me a hand here.

Goodnight. =)

Love,
David

P.S. Yes, I am aware that in taking such a view, there is no solution in sight. However, at least in my perspective, I offer a voice to the terrorists... one that they feel that they have lost... one that they feel they must kill to reclaim. Perhaps if democracy started to recognize terrorists (not deal with them, mind you... but at least fucking LISTEN to them), we wouldn't be getting the bad rap we have today across the globe... and rightfully so. 'Nuff said. G'Night, lovers... "And remember... this world is made of - LOVE AND PEACE!" ^_^

No comments: