5.22.2006

Quotes of brilliance...

You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand.

Nothing strengthens authority so much as silence.

I love those who can smile in trouble, who can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. 'Tis the business of little minds to shrink, but they whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves their conduct, will pursue their principles unto death.

Human subtelty will never devise an invention more beautiful, more simple or more direct than does Nature, because in her inventions, nothing is lacking and nothing is superfluous.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Anyone who conducts an argument by appealing to authority is not using his intelligence; he is just using his memory.

Every now and then go away, have a little relaxation, for when you come back to your work your judgment will be surer. Go some distance away because then the work appears smaller and more of it can be taken in at a glance and a lack of harmony and proportion is more readily seen.


From what mouth did these phrases of wisdom flow? These are the words of none other than Leonardo Da Vinci himself.

Is it wrong of me to be so excited to be skipping work? I've been excited to see Liz for weeks, but I now know that part of my anticipation is that of skipping out on a job where my supervisors and coworkers are constantly skipping out on me. I have covered several 8 hour shifts for people in the last few weeks and been lied to by my supervisor... by finally sticking it to them, I feel a morbid sense of relief.

Peace in, everybody. =) Next time I report to you, it will be after holding my dear fiance in my arms again...

Love,
David

P.S. This one is for Liz...

2-2-3-4-5-8-8-8 = 0-1-4-6-8
In the place where the sun dost depart in the night,
Where the river is grand and flows with great might,
Beneath the knot of crimson is where I find
The greatest treasure in all humankind.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Dave!

tis Randi here....guess what??? ya come on... guess it? Give up don't ya! All right I'll ya....I'm an adult now!!!!!!!!!! I'm out of high school!!!!!!!!!!!! * dances around the room and sits back down*

Leonardo Da Vinci was a great and mysterious man, I can't wait til I go to France and Spain and see some of his art work in 2 weeks. I'll take plenty of pictures, it is going to be awesome I can't wait!

Randi

Dave said...

Good to hear from you! Con"grad"s (I mispelled the word on purpose, in case the quotes weren't convincing enough... =P) on graduating!

You MUST post some photos! The art and architecture is just AMAZING! I've never left this continent yet, but Liz and I vowed that somehow (despite the flimsy salaries we will be earning in the health and human services fields) we will see the world together. =)

Enjoy the trip!