5.24.2006

Hope...

“Hope is important because it can make the present moment less difficult to bear. If we believe that tomorrow will be better, we can bear a hardship today.”
-Thich Nhat Hanh

  • Liz was gone for three weeks... then I saw her for a few mere hours before she had to leave me yet again.
  • My best friend talked to me... but seems to have little hope that we can work things out.
  • I'm nearly halfway through this semester already. It's so hard to believe, but it's true.
  • I am feeling more depressed lately than I have in a while... I try to keep my hopes up, but every little thing gets me down lately. I feel like I'm just sitting idly by watching my life pass me by... and I don't even care.


Hope... sometimes it is a raging fire, yet more often hope is like a candle fighting for survival against the blustery gusts of life; against the thunderous tidal waves of emotions; against the darkness of lonely solitude. Yet, it is when we combine our candles of hope that we create a fire that can withstand the waves of time. That is how faith works. It all starts with one person and goes from there... spreading like a fire. A fire of faith, love, and hope.

Love isn't all you need...

...but hope is.

I'm trying so hard to hope. But, alas, sometimes you can't make it on your own.

Love,
David

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're such a poet. :)

And I miss you like madness.

Anonymous said...

Hey... Know that there are people behind you even though you can't always see them... I'm praying for you!